Monday, April 7, 2014


Paragraph 1: How does Seahaven compare to your world in terms of family life, neighborhood life, work life, and leisure time?


People often say, “I would like to have a perfect life in a perfect world, someday, someday”. Cristof created a life in a world called Seaheaven in The Truman show,  who made a perfect world for Truman to live. Truman has a perfect life, living with his adorable wife, good neighbors, and friends. He also has a peaceful neighborhood, and enviable work. However, I would not like to have a Truman's life.

Truman is watched 24 hours 7 days a week in his entire life. I can not imagine having a life being watched all the time where people can not think, act, and live normally and do their daily activities. It would be unethical and uncomfortable for people. The world where Truman lives is a a big lie. Truman can not decide what he want to do by himself . Truman's life is conceived to be controlled by Cristof.

 In my own experience, I can do what I want to do without any supervision or external controls, or cameras or detectors around, like Truman has in his show. I have not had a perfect world but I would say that my life has been good and real. I have had good jobs working for important companies, where I could achieve and develop my knowledge and skills there. I have had a beautiful family, a large apartment, and a nice car and we have being able to travel. Also with my close friends we can share activities in our leisure time and we do not feel that we are watched all the time. Our neighborhood is calm and safety where every body could have a normal daily activities without feel that we are living in a perfect world.

Some people would like to have a life in a perfect world like Truman's has. However, life change permanently in this materialism world and people change too and unfortunately in this competitive world, people have forgotten spiritual life and values and those have been changed for more materialism things. People are nonconformist and want more and more. They want to get the fashionable cellphone model, car, cloths, and they want cosmetic surgeries too.

Paragraph 2: Would you choose to live in Cristof’s world of Seahaven? Why or why not?

Living in Cristof’s world Seaheaven where Truman’s life is fake and is not private because he is living in a big studio full of cameras everywhere and his friends and family are actors, whose whole Truman’s life friends have lied to him. Of course not, I would not like to live in that world like that. It is a world where someone has controlled and manipulated lives, and the human rights do not exist. However, to consider a perfect life or world is subjective. Some people could say that a perfect world is to get a diploma from college, have a god job with good salary, a beautiful wife, children, large house, and the best neighborhood. Other people think that to have just the essential things in life is enough to have a perfect life, such as, a place to live, a lovely family, good health, and a job to support the family too. I would like to have everything to be happy which are good heath, family to love, a god job, just enough money to live and the principal thing, to keep my values and belief as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment