Sunday, March 30, 2014

ENG099: ENG099: The article "Individuals in Groups" by Car...

ENG099: ENG099: The article "Individuals in Groups" by Car...:
I am very surprised by reading this article, where people are observed acting in an emergency scenario, and how their reactions are when they have to solve a problem in an accident. Some experiments with students in groups of three and individually are exposed acting in two different scenarios. One of them, in a room full of smoke and the other, watching a woman screaming of pain. The analysis showed how human being react different in group than on their own. Their natural instinct reaction to act are blocked in groups but the reaction is different for individual person, they act faster in a danger scenario. I believe most of us have had similar experiences acting or watching people acting on an emergency.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miller, I'm Elba from an ENG220 class and I'm writing to you to try and help both of us. The class I'm taking has offered us an opportunity to leave some feedback on the blogs of students who are at the start of their college careers as we approach the end of ours at La Guardia. Thank you for helping me by letting me read your blog and hopefully I can return the favor with some constructive criticism.
    I liked your summary and how you let the reader understand right away your feelings about what you have read. If you choose to let this be your introductory paragraph then you have a great lead in from the last sentence. After writing " I believe most of us have had similar experiences..." is the perfect time to actually describe your experience in this topic in your second paragraph. I see from your other postings that you have written in essay format before and I think the prompt here is also requesting an essay. I would really like to read how you finish this. Hope this helps. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete